„You’re welcome – Mashallah!“ is a prevention service, which is focused on men with a migration background, who have sex with other men. Aidshilfe Düsseldorf offers a special group service in this respect.Additional information
People from sub-Saharan Africa
HIV is a taboo subject for many Africans. Back home, HIV often means ostracism and death. It is therefore important to pass on knowledge in regards to HIV, means of transmission and protection and treatability in Germany.
Many Africans, who are HIV positive, often fear that their infection may become known amongst their family and friends. They worry about discrimination and ostracism. Our work therefore also focuses on the promotion of solidarity in the African community.
Aidshilfe Düsseldorf offers a number of services, such as
- Informative events in regards to HIV in the African community (in church communities, events, group meetings, afroshops etc.)
- Informative events at refugee accommodations or schools
- Discussion groups in regards to HIV
- Personal advice in regards to HIV and Aids in French, English and German
- An open hour at the university hospital Düsseldorf
- Advice in regards to health care, social, legal and financial matters.
Our aims are:
- To improve the access to prevention and other health care offers for people form Africa
- Education in regards to HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases
- Enable solidarity for people with HIV/ Aids in the African community
- Supporting and caring for people with HIV/ Aids.
All our services are offered free of charge. We are subject to confidentiality and work on an absolutely trustworthy and confidential basis.
The events and consultations are available in different languages. It is possible to include language and cultural interpreters. Please contact us.
This service is kindly supported by Heartbreakers, the sponsor circle of Aidshilfe Düsseldorf e.V., as well as the German AIDS Foundation and the Association of Private Health Care Providers e.V.